About the program:
Our Neurological Reconditioning Program is designed to improve patient’s confidence and independence with daily tasks, exercise tolerance and to educate the patient’s following a neurological event or exacerbation of an illness. Through our comprehensive rehabilitation service our Neurological Reconditioning team will develop an individualised neurological management plan tailored to your needs.
Who can benefit from this program?
Patients who have Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy or patient’s who have had a recent neurological event such as a stroke.
The program aims:
Each patient is assessed individually by our rehabilitation team under the direction of an accredited Rehabilitation Specialist, together they develop a rehabilitation plan according to the individual’s particular needs. Our multidisciplinary team will work with each patient to help them regain independence and resume their day to day life.
The aims of our Neurological Reconditioning Program include improving:
- general muscle strength and flexibility
- independence with self-care
- physical, psychological, and social recovery
- neurological disease and reducing it’s progression
- lifestyle and reducing risk factors
- successful return to work, home and recreational activities
Our team will work in collaboration with you, your GP and other specialists to achieve a holistic assessment and integrated treatment regime dedicated to minimising the effect of disability.
This program may include:
- 2 – 3 sessions per week
- 1.5 – 3 hours per session (depending on health fund)
- Refreshments provided
- Individual assessment and goal setting
Members of our experienced multidisciplinary team include the following health professionals:
- Occupational Therapy
- Exercise Physiology
- Social Work Dietetics
- Hydrotherapy Neuro
- Psychology Speech Therapy
Access our referral form here