||As soon as you become aware of your admission to our hospital please;
- Complete all questions on your Preadmission Form and return it to the hospital at least 3 working days prior to your admission by:
post - PO Box 117, Essendon 3040
fax - 9337 6290 or
email - firstname.lastname@example.org
in person – 35 Rosehill Road, West Essendon
- Preadmission Forms can be downloaded at http://www.iphoa.com.au/EssendonPriv.asp
- It is essential that the Hospital receives this form prior to the day of your admission so that you health fund status and applicable out of pocket expenses can be confirmed.
- Contact your admitting Surgeon for instruction on whether to cease taking any of your normal medications prior to surgery.
- Also confirm with your Surgeon fasting times and your admission time.
- Ensure you have paid your Surgeon and Anaesthetist fees.
- Contact your health fund to confirm your level of cover and whether you have an excess or co-payment to be paid. A member of our administration team will also contact you to confirm these details at least 24 hours prior to your admission. If you have not heard from us, please feel free to contact us directly. All fees due are required to be paid on the day of your admission so it is important that you understand these fees and have them available.
- Privately paying patients will be required to pay the estimated costs of hospitalisation on admission. Please ensure you have requested a quote and are able to pay these fees. Your procedure will be re-scheduled if you fail to pay on the day.
- Patients whose accounts are subject to “Third Party” or “Workers’ Compensation/T.A.C” claims must have verifiable evidence that liability has been accepted by the insurance company for their hospitalisation.